Thursday 1 September 2011

Week 14- Are they dead?

I can't believe its been a week already since my last post. It feels only like days.
I'm still feeling nauseous, especially during the night. I think its starting to mess a bit with my head. Just reflecting on how quickly my mood can change. I try to be optimistic, but depression is sneaky. Been up since just past three this morning. Decided why not just get up and blog. Its kinda therapeutic.
I can't figure out whats going on with me now. I'm not sure if I'm experiencing new crohn's symptoms, GERD, or a reaction to the worms. These symptoms are different than I normally get. My bowel habits have changed, I'm suddenly seeing a big change in the food I'm able to digest  (suggests inflammation?), I'm achy, cranky, and slightly down. No fever, and going to the washroom 1-2 times a day, usually very loose. When I wake up in the morning, its usually because I'm so nauseous it feels unbearable, then have to run to the bathroom where I expel my entire colon I think... then feel much better usually until I start to eat (50:50). It could be GERD. That's what my doctor usually says when I'm feeling sick at night. But this is different, and I've stopped eating in the evening and even switched my zantac to the evening with no change in symptoms. Sometimes I get intense stomach cramps with my nausea too. I feel like its the crohn's.
I emailed Garin yesterday. Aug 8th I had to have a TPD booster (tetanus, polio, diphtheria) as a requirement for admission into the nursing program. Garin thinks maybe that killed off my worms. I'm going on tuesday to try and get a lab test to count the ova in my stool from my doctor. Dr. Llamas wants to wait for the results before trying to reinoculate with more hookworms. I'm not sure if they're alive or dead. I feel like they're alive because a couple weeks ago I didn't get a reaction to mosquito bites. Also my joint pain isn't too bad. Though this is starting to confuse me too. I'm not taking any pain medication for joint pain anymore. Sign it's improved. But I feel like I have two kinds of joint pain. One floats between joints, feels more burning and fuzzy-like and the other kinda sets into specific joints, like my hands and fingers, toes  and hips. They feel sore, achy and stiff and sometimes bruised. The first kind is almost completely gone and the second kind I have almost every day, sometimes worse and sometimes better. So I really don't know.
Everything is OK. It could be a lot worse. Its just frustrating, becoming disruptive and I'm starting to lose tolerance, you know?
I may attempt the specific carbohydrate diet this week. I've read up on it and feel like there is a chance it could help and may be worthwhile. Its worth a shot at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment