Friday 26 August 2011

Week 13 and SCD

Well... another week's gone by. I'm feeling good. Still feeling very good actually. Very  little joint pain, even though yesterday there was a massive thunder storm with tornado warnings. I don't think my joint pain is weather related. Finally got an appointment with the rheumatologist. November 1st.
My BMs are normal. Or as normal as they've ever been for me. I'm only going once a day too. The problem is: its very evident I'm not digesting food well. I tried those stupid digestive enzymes. Pretty sure they don't work; at least not for me. I'm becoming convinced that even though I'm in remission, and I may come even closer to remission without drugs (that's the dream) with these helminths, I may not "feel good" truly until I heal my intestine. Heal my gut. I'm still nauseous all the time! Especially first thing in the morning. I'm not vomiting anymore though, but still getting a lot of dry heaves. No one knows why. I've given up trying to figure out why I get nauseous. I think the worms temporarily made it worse, cause now its back to how it normally is, just slightly worse.
 I've been considering the Specific Carbohydrate Diet but have been to scared to ever try. I hear so many good things about it. People say they feel great and control their symptoms of IBD and others say the same but that its too hard to follow, and some it never helped. I'm just not good at following strict diets long term. I don't know if I can do it and I'm afraid of failing. I'm tired of not feeling myself. I believe in the science. I believe it can work. I read the introductory chapters this morning. It seems like a starvation diet. I'm at least going to order the books and read further. I don't know if this is something I can do strictly for life, but maybe 3 months. I already know low sugar and low carbohydrate helps me. I need more information before I can commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment