Sunday 24 July 2011

Week 8 and a bit

This week has been a very weird week for me.
The abdominal pain has lessened quite a bit. I've stopped taking Benadryl for the last half week or so. Well that's partly true, anyway. I've had quite a few nights this week where I haven't been able to sleep. I've been getting very nauseated in the evenings which has kept me from falling asleep until late in the morning. I've been waking up very nauseated in the morning, too. Wednesday and Saturday this week, I tried taking Benadryl after waking because I thought the nausea might be due to the worms, but each time I ended up vomiting it up in the morning. Breakfast has been a battle this week, especially since even though my stomach is queasy, I'm usually still pretty hungry when I wake up. Does anyone else get that--hungry though you're queasy? Usually by lunch I feel much closer to good again.
Bowels have been weird this week, too. Back and forth between watery and normal, pencil thin to normal (for me), running five times a day to can't go, only false alarms.
I have my Remicade this Tuesday coming up. Maybe that will help even things out. I think the worms are playing around with my immune system, especially since I'm usually flaring around this time after my last infusion. Despite this weirdness, my spirits are still high! There are so many things I am grateful for. For example: I only have one week left of school and then a whole 5 weeks off, I don't have to work full time and have plenty of chances to rest and accommodate how I am feeling, and I am doing well in school, even better than normal people without health issues. Also I have a very supportive husband and family.
I forgot to mention, the belly bloating has finally reduced (about mid-week) and its less tender. Weird week.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I take anti-nausea pills as a suppository or up the nose if I can't keep one down. Maybe an option in you can't keep down the benadryl?

    ReplyDelete