Sunday 3 July 2011

Signs of life

Well this week has been pretty crappy for me, symptom wise. It started Monday when I woke up in the morning with a heavy bloated belly (today is Sunday). It was kind of a triple wammy with the sore gut, menstrual cramps and arthritis aching in my back. Though the cramps and back ache have gone now, my gut still hurts! It really hurts too, and its not the average gut ache I'm being used to since I've been in remission. It feels like I have two dense medicine balls of pain, one below my rib cage and diaphragm and the other right below it. Some times it feels like I have heartburn in my guts, like deep burning constant pain and it hasn't gone away or subsided. It is not cramps, spasms or gas. It hurts whether I eat or not.
I think this is the first sign of life in my small intestine.
I emailed Garin and he said that I've entered into the proinflamatory phase which usually goes from 2.5 weeks to 6 weeks. My arthritis returned almost exactly at the 2.5 week mark. A little less than a week and hopefully I'll be feeling better. Its been hard to do work; the pain is such a distraction. It could be worse though; I'm not frequently having to visit the washroom (just once or twice a day), and I'm hardly nauseous at all. I might finally have a sign that the little guys are alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment