Tuesday 21 June 2011

They grow up so fast...

Well its day 26 and the worms were supposed to reach maturity day 21. I have noticed still that my arthritis is gradually coming back. I had to take an Advil the other night because the pain in my shoulder and wrist was too much for me to tolerate (like a 6-7 out of 10). The Advil took care of it, so can't complain there! Before the hookworms, Advil would only take the edge off, so that is an improvement.
The last two weeks have been extremely stressful for me with school. I had two midterms, a ridiculous essay that I had no idea how to write and I have a presentation coming up tomorrow. I was surprised because I have been able to work fairly consistently without having to worry too much about fatigue and didn't have any real interruptions. There were no signs of a flare even with all the stress I was feeling. But measuring my blood pressure, which was elevated, and looking in the mirror, there are obvious signs of stress. My face broke out with so much acne (I'm 26!! Too old for this level of acne!).
Of course this weekend, as soon as I had a chance to sit and relax I started feeling.... not soo good. The last three days I've woken up with a fairly persistent headaches. Ibuprofen takes the edge off, but it still lingers mildly which mostly just makes me cranky. My stomach has been sore this week too. Feels sore right now, like a my guts are swollen and bruised. Probably didn't help that I indulged in some not too good for me foods (chips and ice cream). I usually eat a fairly clean diet, but sometimes I just have to give in to cravings.
The number of trips to the washroom have increased to about 4 times a day from.... 1. I've also been feeling fatigue. Fatigue is the worst part, feels like I'm running on empty. I've also had low grade fever for the last week which I didn't notice until I went into my Remicade appointment and they measured my temperature. Realistically, these symptoms are mild and very tolerable for me right now. I don't feel they are caused from the worms. They are typical symptoms that I normally get, really much milder than usual, and I think as soon as my Remicade kicks in I'll be back to good in no time. Probably no more than 1-2 weeks. My last infusion was 1 week ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment